Monday, June 30, 2008

I MUST be crazy!

With the seller's signed termination agreement for the "falling down house", I am ready to make an offer on a house not too far from where I currently live. This house had been gutted and completely re-done. All new everything from wiring and plumbing to walls and a finished attic. It is roughly the size of the house that I lived in when I was in Virginia. Certainly large enough for one woman and a cat! The attic room will be perfect for my quilting studio with enough floor space to throw down air mattresses when the grandchildren are in town. There are two more bedrooms on the second floor so I will also have an office/guest room in the back and the master bedroom in the front of the house. The young man who is flipping this property has done all the right things including permits. How refreshing!! He mentioned that the porch decking is mahogany as it is naturally resistent to pests and rot. I nearly kissed him!

Now - I just need FHA approval for the loan and I think I could actually become a homeowner!

1 comment:

The Calico Quilter said...

I'm praying that you make it through this house-hunting thing successfully and still sane. You would think the process would be easier - there's forty bajillion houses out there, why can't a person find one that works for them and is not falling down? I know whereof I speak - it took us two years to find this house. And we were stuck in an apartment, so we were VERY motivated! Hang in there.