Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just shaking my head...

Ever notice how conservative "Christians" want to talk about the New Testament and only mention the Old Testament when they need to support archaic thought?

Case in point: Charles Dobson is accusing Barack Obama of "fruitcake interpretation" of the Bible and "dragging biblical understanding through the gutter". All this because Obama spoke about scripture that doesn't agree with Mr. Dobson's views. Dobson says that Obama is talking about Jewish law that has nothing to do with Jesus's teachings. Well, Mr. Dobson, let's talk about the teachings of Christ. One of the right wing Christian "abominations" is homosexuality. Jesus never mentions it. You would think that if it was that important, Jesus would have made mention of the issue. Jesus did talk about loving each other, forgiveness and peace.

Sorry - I think that striving for understanding of all faiths goes a long way towards the ideals of Christ's teachings. Mr. Dobson serves himself.

1 comment:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Hi Suzan! I found this blog through your other blog! I SO agree with you. I am a Northern born episcopalian transplanted into bible thumping baptist evangelical north carolina.

Sometimes I just shake my head.

Bonnie Hunter