Thursday, October 1, 2009

Just one of those days

This morning  my cell phone was charging in the dining room.  I left for work and stopped in at McDonald's for a sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla latte.  I suddenly remembered that I didn't have my cell.  I pulled out of MickyD's and zipped back up to the house.  I parked and reached for my keys.  Crap!  I grabbed the wrong ones this morning - the ones WITHOUT a house key.  So my cell phone is still on the dining room table and the cat is probably freaking out.

Thankfully, my parents have a key to the house so they are going over to unlock for me.  If I would have had to call a locksmith I think I might have cried.  It's just going to be one of those days, all day!

2 comments:

joanne said...

Ack! Hope the day got better and you are safely home with the kitty and a nice grown-up beverage..;p

The Calico Quilter said...

Oh, the troubles we have - thank goodness there was an extra key at your parents. It could have been much worse. Once, my husband was going to follow me to the car dealership so I could leave my Subaru for repairs; I left while he was still getting ready so I could get an early spot in line. While he was dressing, his keys fell out on the bed unnoticed. After he went into the garage and closed the door to the kitchen, he realized he didn't have keys to either his car or the door, and also my cell phone didn't have reception at the dealership! He had to break the window in the kitchen door to get back into the house. At least all your windows are still intact...