Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Roman Catholic Church to accept Anglicans

Boy, do I have a lot of questions about this new development!  Does this mean Anglicans will have to stop birth control?  Can Anglicans still get divorced and remain in communion with the Church?  Does anyone else think that Roman Catholic priests will be annoyed that their brother Anglican priests are allowed to marry and have children?  Are there no gay Roman Catholics or Anglicans?  Where will Anglican's money go...Anglican or Roman Catholic Church?  Will young men who are considering the priesthood jump ship from Roman Catholic to Anglican so that they can avoid the celibacy issue?  Who will church property belong to...Roman Catholic or Anglican Church?

My head is spinning.  I can't wait to ask my Roman Catholic friends about this change!

1 comment:

The Calico Quilter said...

That's the first thing I thought of when I read about "Catholic Lite" - aka Anglicans in communion with the Roman Catholic church - why do the old rules apply to Catholics if they don't apply to Anglicans whom I assume are in good standing in the church even though they don't follow the same rules? This whole thing makes me want to scream. If there are Anglicans who can't tolerate the 21st century, they can convert to something else, but don't try to have it both ways and don't try to hijack your whole parish with you.