Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Something a little different

I have worn acrylic nails off and on for years.  I have soft nails that tear and growing them out to a decent length just doesn’t work.  I also have a problem with nail biting (I know – disgusting habit!!) that goes back to my childhood. 

With my crazy schedule lately, I have not had time to do the upkeep on my acrylics so I pulled them off.  My hands looked terrible until last night.

About a month a go, my daughter in law told me about Kiss glue on fingernails.  51Tt5phYi3L__SL500_AA280_ For $5 a pair I thought I would give them a try.  I got the short length since really long nails make me crazy.

Here is the link to their website.  (They have prettier pictures on their site.  I think the box shown here is old packaging.)

If my camera wasn’t 2 floors below I would take a picture of them on my hands.  They look fabulous!  The package says they last for 7 days but my DIL says usually 10 days.   They also have them for your toes so you can have a pretty French manicure on your little piggies, too!

They go on really easily because they have little tabs to hold them  in place while you glue them (no glue stuck to the ends of your fingers!)   It took me about 10 minutes to glue them on since I had to try the different sizes to see which ones fit which fingers the best.  So much nicer than sitting in a chair with nail dust flying around you for 60 minutes.  For convenience alone, I think these guys are totally worth giving a try!

Now, admit you are surprised that I am not making any snide comments about Sarah today!

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

I almost forgot which blog I was reading... I just sent you an e-mail that I previously sent to my husband.