Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Keds

When I moved to Seattle I discovered Costco.  I love Costco.  We don't have one near here.  Well, there is one in York but that is a heck of drive to pick up groceries and whatnot.

I moved to Seattle a little over 10 years ago. Not long after I moved there, I purchased a pair of leather Keds at Costco.  I love these shoes.  I love the way they fit my feet.  I love the classic look of them, sort of timeless.  I just discovered that the leather has pulled away from the rubber on one side.  I will keep my shoes but only for yard work.  I will miss them being part of my weekend wardrobe.  I think the thing that bothers me the most is that they are another piece of life in Seattle that I am losing.  That hurts my heart.

Maybe I should make a trip to York.

1 comment:

The Calico Quilter said...

Seattle surely has loyal and faithful former residents. My brother-in-law moved back east from Seattle last year, and he still misses the city and bemoans moving.