Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The war in Iraq has nothing to do with my freedom

There...I said it. Sarah Palin told a heckler today that her son was over in Iraq to protect the gentleman's freedom to protest (and presumably free speech). Damn it! The war in Iraq has nothing to do with freedom of speech in the United States. More freedoms have been trampled by this administration and their war on terror than have ever been upheld.

The underlying reasons for the war in Iraq are oil and oil profits. Securing Iraqi freedom from oppression and a pompous dictator was secondary.

I do support our troops. That is why I want them to return home. They are overworked and overburdened. I do recognize that they have done much to help the Iraqi people. I simply state that has nothing to do with my freedom in the United States.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

Not to mention that fact that most of them earn a pittance especially when compared to the contractors over there - in the same amount of danger...

Oil is the only reason - AlQueda (the terrorists involved with 9-11) are in Pakistan - probably. Not that all of the billions of dollars that we are pumping into the war machine have helped us find them...