Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Family song

Do you have songs that make you think of your family? This past weekend when we were driving back from retreat, a song came on the radio that no one else seemed to know. Julie and I belted it out with smiles on our faces. I have no idea what the song is titled but a phrase is "Three six nine, a goose drank wine, a monkey chewed tobacco on a street car line". Our father used to sing that when we were kids..along with "It's time to get up, it's time to get up, it's time to get up in the morning". I used to sing "Big Blue Frog" (old Peter, Paul and Mary song) to my babies. I have also sung it to my grandchildren. When I sing it to my grandson, he listens very intently. I wonder if he will remember his Grammy sang that song to him?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom-

This is just weird...over the weekend I got a new iPhone and was playing Sally Dan Fogelberg songs Sally that reminded my of you. Same as when I hear Beatle songs I think of Dad. I don't remeber you singing me "Big Blue Frog", maybe if I heard the tune I would. Who can forget Poppie singing the "Good Morning Song"!

Love,

The Republican