Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Waiting for the appraisal

I took my mom and one of my sisters over to look at the house last evening. The seller called and graciously offered that he would be there working if I wanted to come by and see the progress.

I love my kitchen! The cabinets look like light cherry or a deep fruitwood. There are not nearly enough drawers so that means I will have to pare down my number of junk drawers. (Do I really need 3?!) Originally the laundry was in the basement but the seller moved it to the back of the kitchen and will bring the washer and dryer up to install before I move it. My sister and I measured the "guest" room and I won't be able to fit the computer desk in there with everything else so the computer will be up in the quilt studio on the 3rd floor. Lots of room up there so it isn't a real issue. I also measured the master bedroom and though it isn't as large as my room now, all of my furniture will fit perfectly.

So far everything is going smoothly. (Probably just tempted fate with that comment!)

3 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations on the house and the fact that you sound very pleased with things is a plus (I see the right house came along)! A QUILT STUDIO -- I want it ;>)!! Having your computer in the quilt studio doesn't seem all bad, I bet you can make it work. Are you getting excited, when can you move in? ENJOY the progress and the anticipation of things!

almariada said...

To tempt fate is dangerous, so: temptation!!! But, can we really tempt fate? Or is it fate who tempts us? Hummm... I'll think about this... :)

The Calico Quilter said...

Every time I hear the words "quilt studio" I salivate just like Pavlov's dog when the bell rang! I want one! Lucky you. I'm so glad the house is shaping up so well. Maybe you just have to move the junk drawers to some other room than the kitchen - can a person live without junk drawers? LOL