Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Big day tomorrow

I am going house hunting tomorrow. I have an appointment with my realtor to look at four houses. I can't decide if I am excited or terrified. Up until just a few months ago, I really thought I was going to wait another year or two. Then my DDIL mentioned that next Thanksgiving if both of my guy's families were coming to Pennsylvania for the holiday, they all wanted to stay with me.

I do have a very large, lovely apartment (about 1200 square feet) but 5 adults and 3 children would be a little overwhelming. Especially since there is only 1 bathroom and 2 bedrooms. The more I thought about it, the more I started thinking about a house...with a basement...and a walk-in attic that I could turn into a studio...and more than one bath...and a formal dining room...and three real bedrooms.

So, I contacted a realtor and got pre-qualified for a loan. Now the shopping and deciding what I can really afford versus what the bank says I can afford. This is going to be one exciting ride!!

No comments: