Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pat Robertson

scares me.  He obviously does not follow the teachings of Christ.  You know, love one another?  Not Pat.  Pat likes to pass judgement.  Pat declared that Haitians made a pact with Satan and that is why the earthquake hit.  He said it right there on the 700 Club. 

If I wanted to pass judgement on Pat Robertson I could say that he is bat shit crazy.  However, I am called by my faith to be compassionate.  I just feel very, very sorry for old Pat.  Maybe he should retire.

5 comments:

joanne said...

I've heard him say some pretty strange things before and it always leaves me feeling sad. He is such a powerful man in his own right and so much damage is done. Sad indeed...

The Calico Cat said...

On the same subject, our buddy Rush has been saying some pretty stupid stuff too.

They are both (more or less - at least Rush is) using this tragedy to make Jabs at our President.

Yes, I want to go back to a time when even if we did not care for the guy who was elected we at least supported him & what he was trying to do for our country. (Or is my mind faulty on that subject.) Why? Because he was our president.

Meanwhile Gin & Tacos has a great idea!

The Calico Quilter said...

Calico Cat, I can remember that too. How did we get this crazy?

Re: Pat R. Whenever I hear him launch into one of these nutjob ideas I wonder what trauma happened to him to twist his thinking like that. I fear it's all self-aggrandizing ratings-whoring, and I pity all the Christians who end up being tarred by the same brush when he opens his mouth and says something as insane as this. Makes you want to go to your parish priest and ask "Can you put a sign out front that says "No, we don't all think like that"."

Miss Mustard Seed said...

As a Christian, I really wish Pat would stop speaking for Christians. What he said was not a representation of the body of Christ or the character of God.

dee said...

I think a fitting end for Pat would be if the earth opened and swallowed him up....hopefully sooner than later. What a dope.