Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dinnerware (and other stuff!)

I think I mentioned on this blog before that I have a real concern with products coming out of China.  China is a country that poisons its own citizens.  How can they possibly be trusted not to be poisoning ours?  To that end, I have been doing some research.  One of my greatest concerns about products from China is the manufacture of dinnerware - plates, serving pieces, etc. - and plastic storage containers.  I have been moving to storing my leftovers in glass for a while now but it is very difficult to find products that are not being manufactured in China.  Yes, I know there are supposed to be inspections and rules that Chinese manufacturers are to follow but I don't trust them.  Am I paranoid?  Maybe just a bit but I would rather be paranoid than to risk lead (or any other) poisoning.  At my age, I gotta hang on to all the memory ability that I still have in my head!

I discovered this website:  www.stillmadeinusa.com

I was surprised to find that there are still lots of products being manufactured in the United States.  If you have an interest in supporting businesses in our country, please visit the site.  (And please continue to boycott Walmart)!

No comments: