Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weird happenings

My house was originally built in 1900. It was sort of "rebuilt" last year. I have noticed something really odd since I moved into the house. Things unscrew. For instance, I cannot tell you how many times I have had to tighten the screws on the door knobs. I have had to readjust the float thingy in the toilet nearly every month. The handles on the bi fold doors to my closet have been tightened every week since I moved in. The handles on my dresser have unscrewed. Light bulbs get more and more loose until they don't turn on. So far, if a light bulb doesn't work, I just screw it tight and it is fine.

Wonder if I am sitting on some kind of strange magnetic field... Maybe I am just living in the Twilight Zone!

3 comments:

joanne said...

That is strange! We go through light bulbs like crazy here, in fact one weekend we changed out eleven of them. We asked some so called 'experts' in the area and they told us it was vibrations from the volcanic mountain that is about thirty miles from here. Yikes!

The Calico Cat said...

Some of my pulls have unscrewed too!

The Calico Quilter said...

Because of the direction the screw turns to tighten, the handle on one side of a bifold door pair will work its way out because you are applying a force in the direction that loosens the screw when you push on it to open the door.

And, the expansion/contraction cycle of the light bulb base as it heats up and cools down can work it loose from the socket sometimes.

Toilets, though? I got nothin'.